- Sector expertise
- How we deliver
- UK & European Distribution
- Domestic Pallet Distribution Network
- International Road Transport
- Specialist 2-man delivery
- ADR & hazardous goods transport
- Night Distribution
- Intermodal Transport
- Bulk transport
- Dedicated Distribution - Red Inside
- European Pallet Network - Red Europe
- Optimised 4PL Solutions - KeyPL
- Waste Recycling Transport
- Reverse Logistics
- eFulfilment - Red Online
- On Board Logistics
- Reverse, Tray Wash & Equipment Management
- Consolidation Centres & VMI
- Gifting & Personalisation
- Temperature Controlled Logistics
- Carrier Management
- Drumming Services
- On-site Logistics
- Factory Clearance
- Co-packing & Co-manufacturing
Eddie Simcox is Driver Development & Resourcing Manager, and here answers some of your Q & As about driving apprenticeships.
I want to be a professional driver. How will an Apprenticeship with XPO Logistics help me?
The XPO Logistics Apprenticeship Scheme offers the opportunity to understand different aspects of our operation before deciding which best suits your career ambitions. If you choose driving - that's great! We'll support you in achieving your LGV licence and in addition you will study for a nationally recognised qualification. You'll even get paid for it! The result? You'll not only be a professional driver, but you'll understand how your key role fits into the wider organisation.
What is the typical progression route for an apprentice?
It's a structured three tiered scheme aimed at producing multi-skilled colleagues. Operational apprentices start off in the warehouse, learning about warehouse operations - including how to drive a forklift. From there, you'll move into the traffic office - a fast moving environment where you'll learn how to use the latest software to plan a route in the most cost-effective efficient way. The final part of the scheme is driving.
Why should I choose an Apprenticeship with XPO Logistics?
From day one you will be right in at the heart of the operation, gaining valuable experience with the support of your colleagues. You'll have the satisfaction of being part of a successful and thriving business and the opportunity to take your career in whichever direction suits you.